OPITO Banksman & Slinger Stage 1 & 2 (9067)BookLast booked 1 hours ago
Caution! The OPITO Banksman & Slinger stage 1 is currently on approval!
Would you like to be informed when we offer this training? Sign up here for our newsletter.
The OPITO Banksman & Slinger stage 1 is an OPITO certified training, intended for employees that are involved in hoisting activities on a drilling platform. After following the OPITO Banksman & Slinger stage 1, the student will possess the necessary basic knowledge to carry out offshore activities in a responsible manner.
- Timetable:3 day(s)
- Starting time:08:30
- Certification:Banksman and Slinger Stage 1
- Validation:Banksman and Slinger Stage 1
- Price:€ 960,00 excl. Registration fee (€ 30,00) excl. VAT and including lunch, coffee / tee and course material
- Location:The course will be conducted at FMTC Schiphol
- Available dates:Click here to see available dates
More information on the OPITO Banksman & Slinger stage 1
During the OPITO Banksman & Slinger (stage 1), basic knowledge is shared in theoretical and practical form. All learned theoretical material will also be practiced during practical lessons. During the OPITO Banksman & Slinger stage 1, the student is prepared for the course OPITO Banksman & Slinger stage 2.
After completing OPITO Banksman & Slinger stage 1, the student will receive a logbook. The banksman and slinger activities that are carried out offshore must be recorded in this logbook. In order to archieve OPITO Banksman & Slinger stage 2, the student must have completed the following within two years:
- Responsibly carrying out 27 banksman activities
- Responsibly carrying out 30 slinger activities
After completing the logbook, the student may participate in the OPITO Banksman & Slinger stage 3. Caution! This must be done within two years upon obtaining the OPITO Banksman & slinger stage 1 certificate.
- Laws and regulations
- Risks in hoisting activities
- Basic principles of cranes and hoisting materials
- Use of hand signals and radio communication
- Performing lifting activities with pre-slinged loads
- Performing lifting activities with difficult to reach loads
- Performing lifting activities outside the view of the crane operator
- Assessing loads of which the center of gravity is difficult to determine