GWO Fire AwarenessBookLast booked 1 hours ago
The GWO Fire Awareness Course (Global Wind Organisation) is intended for everyone working in the wind industry. During this fire awareness course, the delegate learns about all the ins and outs regarding the causes and dangers of fire in a wind turbine and how things can best be handled in case of fire. During this GWO Fire Awareness course, both theoretical and practical aspects will be discussed.
The outbreak of fire in wind turbines can cause great panic, but no lives can be saved by panicking. It is therefore extremely important that everyone knows how to act in these dangerous situations.
- Timetable:0.5 day(s)
- Starting time:07:30
- Certification:GWO Module Fire Awareness
- Validation:2 years
- Price:€ 183,00 excl. Registration fee (€ 10,00) excl. VAT and including lunch, coffee / tea and course material
- Location:FMTC Schiphol Amsterdam FMTC Dordrecht (Rotterdam)
- Available dates:Click here to see available dates
More information GWO Fire Awareness
During the GWO Fire Awareness course, in accordance with guidelines of the GWO (Global Wind Organisation) everything the delegate needs to know will, he/she will learn within half a day. After theoretical lessons regarding everything about fire in wind turbines, there will training of the practical side by practicing different scenarios. During the practical part of the Fire awareness course, the delegates learns how he/she can get his/herself and colleagues to safety the best way possible.
- The emergence of a fire, how it develops and the dangers of an outbreak of a fire in a wind turbine
- Recognizing fire hazards
- Act the right way during the outbreak of a fire: proper use of extinguishing agents such as various fire extinguishers and fire blankets
- Contingency plans including emergency escape procedures and smoke detection
- Personal safety