GWO Fire Awareness RefresherBookLast booked 2 hours ago
The training GWO Fire Awareness Refresher is the repetition training of the GWO Fire Awareness and meant for everyone working in the wind industry. Every two years, this refresher training of Fire Awareness needs to be followed.
During the GWO Fire Awareness Refresher, the delegate refreshes his memory about the risks and dangers of fire in a wind turbine and contributes to a safer working environment in wind turbines based on the guidelines of the GWO (Global Wind Organisation).
- Timetable:0.5 day(s)
- Starting time:07:30
- Certification:GWO Fire Awareness Refresher
- Validation:2 years
- Price:€ 183,00 excl. Registration fee (€ 10,00) excl. VAT and including lunch, coffee / tea and course material
- Requirements:A valid GWO Fire Awareness certificate
- Location:The course will be conducted at FMTC Schiphol
- Available dates:Click here to see available dates
More information about GWO Fire Awareness Refresher
A fire outbreak in wind turbines can cause major panic. After following the GWO Fire Awareness Refresher, the delegate’s memory will be refreshed when it comes to getting himself and colleagues to safety in the best possible way. In half a day, the delegate will learn everything that’s needed to be learned, including both theoretical lessons and practicing in the field based on different scenarios. The training is for anyone who has a valid GWO Fire Awareness certificate.
Also, there is a GWO Basic Safety Refresher that combines the training GWO Fire Awareness Refresher with GWO First Aid Refresher, GWO Working at Height, GWO Sea Survival Refresher and GWO Manual Handling Refresher.
- The emergence of a fire, how it develops and the dangers of an outbreak of a fire in a wind turbine
- Recognizing fire hazards
- Act the right way during the outbreak of a fire: proper use of extinguishing agents such as various fire extinguishers and fire blankets
- Contingency plans including emergency escape procedures and smoke detection
- Personal safety