NOGEPA 2.3B / 2.7B CCoxswain LifeboatBookLast booked 1 hours ago
The NOGEPA 2.3B / 2.7B C combination course is a refresher course of the 2.3A Coxswain Man Overboard Boat / 2.7C Coxswain Lifeboat. After a period of two years it is required to refresh your memory. The combination course is meant for anyone who is designated with the task of being a crewmember of a Man Overboard Boat-team (MOB) and for coxswain of a rescue boat or capsule on a platform. These tasks are often combined.
- Timetable:2 day(s)
- Starting time:08:30
- Certification:NOGEPA 2.3B
NOGEPA 2.7B C
- Validation:2 years
- Price:€ 795,00 excl. NOGEPA Registration fee (€ 20,00) excl. VAT and including lunch, coffee / tea and course material
- Requirements:A valid offshore medical certificate
A valid NOGEPA 2.3A or 2.3B certificate
A valid NOGEPA 2.7A C or 2.7B C certificate
- Location:The course will be conducted at FMTC Schiphol
- Available dates:Click here to see available dates
More information about NOGEPA 2.3B / 2.7B C Coxswain Lifeboat
During the NOGEPA 2.3B Coxswain Man Overboard Boat / 2.7B C Coxswain Lifeboat refreshes the memory of the course participant concerning the theory and practice of the MOB-boats. The course participant will practice controlling the boat and executing rescue operations. Moreover, the course participant will be taught how to launch and handle a rescue boat.
- Checking the boats on condition and preparedness
- Basic terms concerning good seamanship, determine a course and navigate by compass, control the equipment on board of the boat.
- Getting a near-drowning person on board and transport him/her
- Executing all procedures concerning lowering the boats into the water, launching the boat, executing rescue operations and recovering them again
- Practicing a capsize drill
- Give command in all situations that occur regarding the rescue of people that went overboard.
- Carry out search patterns with the help of ‘PLB’
- Keeping the boat operational
- Respond to alerts
- Boarding the vessel
- Getting the lifeboat to a safe zone
- Communication by radio and other means of communication
- Assuring the safety of the passengers and the boat
- Embarking and disembarking of passengers